The college students as well as the high schoolers are more likely to come across the classification essay during their academic career. The classification essays are generally designed to aid the tutors assess the skills and capabilities of a student to categorize the data on the basis of a set standard or criteria. If you have never written a classification essay, the task might seem daunting to you the first time. But as you continue to learn the tips and tricks of writing one, you will realize that writing a classification essay is not a difficult task. While writing a classification essay many students are worried about who will write my essay, but as you begin to write you will realize it is not that bad. Following blog will help you understand the tips for classification essay writing so you will understand the proper structure of classification essays.
Before going into the structure of a classification essay, it is imperative to note what a comparative essay is. The best way to elaborate the definition of a classification essay is that it is a comprehensive and a formal essay to express yourself and your skills in generalization and categorization. The classification essay groups or organizes the things into the categories along with the practical examples to fit into each subcategory. The criteria for classification is usually set by the essay writer but a sound reasoning needs to be provided while setting the criteria.
Following are some of the tips which have been chosen to write the classification essay:
- Choose a Step
The first step in writing a classification essay includes the idea or object to categorize. The steps which need to be considered while writing the essay are stated as follows:
- Consider the apparent grouping
- Choosing an appropriate number of classifications
- Picking up the important points in the cluster so that readers would be able to learn the valuable information from the already constructed clusters
- Assessing the significance of the groups in support of the topic
- Incorporate the important classes only
- Organization of Ideas
A person needs to collect the information on writing the classification essay. For instance, the preliminary research is carried out by the writers. The writers go through a number of scholarly materials which provide enough evidence to support the thesis statement or the topic. Other primary sources might include the:
- Focus Groups: The discussions with the peers is the most effective method to generate the required information for the written works
- Brainstorming: As the students begin to think over a topic, they might come up with a number of ideas and writing down these ideas helps the organization of the essay easier.
- Internet: the credible websites have the valuable facts and ideas to write the classification essay.
- Mind Mapping: The visual graphics such as tables, charts, tree-diagrams and flow-charts provide a grouping point of view.
You can also hire an essay writing service in this regard.
- Introduction of Essay
The introductory paragraph consists of the overview of the main ideas illustrated in the written essay. For instance, a person should start writing an introduction after the other components have been written down. This helps in sufficiently capturing the main points of the essay components. The preliminary section needs to incorporate the following conditions:
- Needs to contain a hook to appeal the reader’s attention
- Should not exceed beyond the 10% of the whole essay
- Does not covers the data or specific examples
- Does-not include the in text citations to provide the support information
- Writing a Thesis Statement
A thesis statement is the foundation of the essay. Primarily, the central claim which helps the readers to comprehend the composition to meet the criteria of the classifications in the essay. The writer needs to highlight the main approaches in this case which are usually assessed in the academic works. The most essential points which need to be considered are
- Establish an arguable claim
- Writing the theme to establish the expectations for the readers
- Making affirmations on the focal arguments concisely
- Selecting the Categories
The writers need to utilize the classes as highlighted in step 1 to establish the categories. The written works are made clear by an appropriate number of categories which need to be identified by the writers. The important points to be considered while writing such pieces are as follows:
- The adequate classes which bring clarity in the written papers
- Combining the classifications with the same qualities to evade the vague information.
- The Categorization of the Essay with Body Paragraph
As the classification criteria has been identified before, the body paragraph would be divided accordingly. A paper writing service can prove to be quite helpful in this regard. Each of the paragraph contains the evidence to support the main ideas and adequate details. Additionally, the students need to become more detailed while presenting the ideas and views. Some other essential components include:
- The real life instances validate the claims to support the thesis statement
- The paragraphs begin with a topic sentence
- Each section concludes with a linking statement
- The academic papers are made compelling by two to three explanation sentences.
The body paragraphs of the classification essay need to have a rational flow of ideas because the essay needs to be written to ensure the effective connectivity of the ideas. For instance, beginning with the information which might be less known to the reader or less familiar would help craft a compelling paper. Consequently, such strategies result in the logical progression of the concept or ideas.
- Concluding Paragraph
The concluding paragraph summarizes the whole classification essay. It sums up the categorization which has been made before.
More Resources :